Blueberry - "Bluecrop" Plant Starts (Vaccinium corymbosum)
These particular plants are smaller than what we ordinarily offer. You might like to save some money by growing them out yourself. Plant them about a foot apart in garden rows for 1-2 years and then transplant to their final location. This plant size will add 1-2 years to full maturity in your garden verses our larger blueberry plants.
- Highbrush type cultivar.
- Requires fertile, acid soil.
- Height is 4-6 feet at maturity and upright in stature.
- Ripening date is July 15 in the South Haven, Michigan area.
- Yield is consistent, ranging from 10-20 pounds per plant at maturity depending upon cultural care.
- Fruit size is large with 65 berries per cup.
- Berry quality is firm, picking scar is small, and berries are bright blue.
- Harvesting can be done by hand or mechanical harvest. The clusters are open and medium-large.
- Markets for the fruit can be either fresh or process.
- Ornamental value for the bush is excellent. Good green color in summer and fiery red in fall. Very hardy and drought resistant.
- Blue Crop is the leading early-mid-season highbrush cultivar in the United States.
You might also like
Regular price $ 32.62 — Sold Out
From $ 18.00 — Sold Out
Regular price $ 15.00 — Sold Out